Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And They Gave Me A License...

There is one aspect of my driving skills that lacks greatness...curbs. I hit almost all curbs, but only the ones on the passenger side of the car. I don't know what it is. For example, the Sonic in Coppell, leaving and turning right towards the high school...hit it every single time. Those who are with me gasp cause they know it's coming, but somehow I have no idea I'm about to do it! So, today was a little exhausting for me in a couple of different ways, but I had to get out and get Abigail's medicine. I leave the house a little after 7 pm in Eddy's car cause it has the special iPod adaptor and I like to listen to my music. I'm backing up, then turning to head down the alley. I totally whack the passenger rear view mirror on the neighbors recycle bin. Didn't realize how hard I hit it until I got to Walgreen's. I bent the mirror and knocked the plastic backing off. I frantically call Eddy to have him go look for the piece before someone runs over it in the alley. After 22 calls, he answers. I'm just thankful for such a wonderful easy going husband and praying for a cheap repair! Moral of the story...be on high alert when sitting in the passenger seat! :)

4 comments:

Rosemond said...

I must say I'm a little scared that we live in the same neighborhood! haha! We all have our little things...

Daisy said...

I think you're a great driver. At least you hit a trash can and not another car! See the silver lining?! And, furthermore, I am so sad that I couldn't join you on your run to Walgreens and I miss our trips to Sonic, curb-hitting or not!

Carla said...

Oh, man!! I was backing up into our garage b/c I had a couch in the back of the truck and it was about to rain... I was totally watching the back of the garage and not the side.... I bent the driver's side mirror, but thankfully I was going so slow that all that happened is that it shattered the mirror but the rest stayed in tack!! Good luck getting it fixed!!

Unknown said...

aaaaaaahahahahahaha. yeah, I'm one of said passengers gasping as you hit the curbs! you are too funny.
but hey, 10+ years and you haven't killed me yet!!! :)