Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Step...For Me

As some of you know, I lost a very close dear niece when she was 3 years old. Her name was Alexis and she had cancer. Some great friends at the bank I was working at bought her this doll. I knew she wasn't going to be around much longer and I wanted to make sure I got to keep the cabbage patch kid, so I never actually gave it to her. I'm not sure if that was right or wrong, but it was important to me. I used to think I would just leave her in my closet in the box forever (where she has been for 5 years), but then I had Abigail. And slowly but surely I convinced myself that when she started asking about it, I would give it to her. Well, today was that day. I think I've almost cried like 10 times in the past hour, but she seems to really love her. Currently they are curled up in the chair watching Barney together. It's funny how something so small can bring back so many wonderful memories, but will also be used to create many more.

No comments: